July 17, 2015

Friday Finds! (#2)


Yay, it's the weekend!! And to celebrate I have another Friday Finds! Without further delay, here are the books!!!

Elfin by Quinn Loftis


I have recently read part of the Grey Wolves series by this same author and have really enjoyed it. After waiting for what seemed like forever, Elfin finally became free!! Loftis is a fantastic author and I am looking forward to just devouring Elfin! Oh, and unlike the Grey Wolves series, there is only 3 books in the Elfin series so far, instead of almost 9!

*Update, I read and reviewed Elfin, you can check it out here!*

Book Description From Back Cover

Before tonight Cassie Tate’s biggest concerns were whether she could pass Algebra and how she was going to keep Elora, her best friend, from dressing her in a skimpy fairy costume for Halloween. Her feet were firmly planted in suburban reality and she had no reason to believe her life would be anything but that of a typical teenager. That is until tonight, when Cassie saw something that no human was ever supposed to see; in the blink of an eye she was thrown into the world of the Light and Dark Elves. 

He comes from a realm where light and dark have fought for millennia. He is of a race known to humans only in myths and legends. The darkness that lives inside him is a part of both who and what he is and it makes him the most gifted spy and assassin in the history of his time. His life is not his own; he lives in the service of the Dark Elf King. He slays who he must, has mercy on no one, is relentless in his hunt, and never tires of seeing his prey fall. He is Triktapic, assassin, spy, most feared of the Dark Elves. 

Now, in the midst of his King’s complicated plans to expand the Dark Elves’ holdings into the mortal realm, for the first time, Trik finds his loyalties divided. For no Elf, Dark or Light, can turn away from their Chosen. 

Unbeknownst to the mortal realm, the battle between Light and Dark is being brought to their doorstep. The only one who can keep it at bay holds darkness in his heart like a lover, and the one who can sway that heart must decide if she can look beyond his black past, beyond his evil nature and see the man he is destined to be. 

The questions must be asked, does love really cover a multitude of sins? Can true love actually conquer all or will his darkness consume those around him until all that stands is an assassin with the blood of the mortal realm on his hands?


________________________________________________________________________________


Saving Angel by J. L. Weil


I have a feeling that this book is going to have just as much chemistry in it as Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux series. Instead of Aliens though, the weird family living next door is actually half-demon. This sounds like a great start, and I love my demon books!!

*Update, I read and reviewed Saving Angel, check it out!*

Book Description From Back Cover

I wondered what my life would be like if we had never moved to the ho-dunk town of Spring Valley, Illinois. Sure the internet service was splotchy, there was nothing but miles of wheat fields, and I probably wouldn’t be faced with death at every corner. 

My only neighbor in this god forsaken town was…well there really was only one to describe him, hot as hell. With his sinful dark looks, unusually silver eyes, and kissable lips, there was something about him that was more than meets the eye. 

Of course I was determined to find out. 

Chase Winters might be drool-worthy, but he was also insufferable, arrogant and…in short a d-bag. Our relationship was anything but love at first sight. Not even close. There was something weird about the family living next door. 

What I hadn’t expected to find was an underworld of trouble. 
Chase and his cousins Lexi and Travis are Divisa, half-demon, half-human. Getting them angry was hardly in my best interest, not if I wanted to live. 

As it turned out, that might be the least of my problems. I’ve been tagged by hell. 

Now every ugly, nasty being from hades was on my trail. I have suddenly became a magnet for demon disaster, and the only way I am getting out of this alive was by putting my life in the demon spawn’s hands. 

One wrong decision and my butt was toast. 


________________________________________________________________________________

You can check out Elfin and Saving Angel on Goodreads!!




No comments:

Post a Comment