July 31, 2015

Book Review: Saving Angel (Divisa Series Book 1) by J.L. Weil

Divisa Series Book 1
Title: Saving Angel
Author: J. L. Weil
Series: Divisa Book 1
Pages: 324
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤

I wondered what my life would be like if we had never moved to the ho-dunk town of Spring Valley, Illinois. Sure the internet service was splotchy, there was nothing but miles of wheat fields, and I probably wouldn’t be faced with death at every corner.

My only neighbor in this god forsaken town was…well there really was only one to describe him, hot as hell. With his sinful dark looks, unusually silver eyes, and kissable lips, there was something about him that was more than meets the eye.

Of course I was determined to find out.

Chase Winters might be drool-worthy, but he was also insufferable, arrogant and…in short a d-bag. Our relationship was anything but love at first sight. Not even close. There was something weird about the family living next door.

What I hadn’t expected to find was an underworld of trouble.

Chase and his cousins Lexi and Travis are Divisa, half-demon, half-human. Getting them angry was hardly in my best interest, not if I wanted to live.

As it turned out, that might be the least of my problems. I’ve been tagged by hell.

Now every ugly, nasty being from hades was on my trail. I have suddenly became a magnet for demon disaster, and the only way I am getting out of this alive was by putting my life in the demon spawn’s hands.

One wrong decision and my butt was toast.


Okay, so my initial thought that this book would be similar to Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout was even more right then I could have dreamed of. Saving Angel is extremely similar to Obsidian, but this wasn't necessarily a bad thing. I really enjoyed Obsidian, and also enjoyed Saving Angel.

I thought that it was pretty funny and ironic how a girl named Angel ended up living by a family of half-demons! I wasn't expecting her name to be Angel, I instead assumed that since demons were a major part of the book, that angels would be too. Anyways, just because her name is Angel does not mean that she acts all that angelic. She instantly forms a sort of love/hate relationship with Chase, the hot guy next door with the pierced brow. They literally cannot be around each other without having some big argument. Which, I don't mind, I find it pretty entertaining.

I did like Chase and Angel's characters, but I actually want to see more of Travis. He seems like a very funny easygoing guy, but underneath that, he is still wounded from the disappearance of his girlfriend. He still has a hard time coping with it all and loses it every once in a while. I would just like to see how he progresses throughout the books.

In regards to the rest of the books, I hope they don't all correlate to The Lux Series. I would like to see them move away from that and become their own thing. The world that Weil has created with half-demons and hellhounds is actually very interesting, and I don't want to see it get categorized as just a Lux want-a-be series.

"I still had travel hair, which meant it looked like I stuck my finger in a light socket."

"All country towns have one road in and out of town called Main. It was like law."

"I could use all the confidence I could get. If possible, I would steal some from the egotistical Chase. He had more than enough to spare."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment