July 9, 2015

Book Review: Opal (The Lux Series Book 3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Lux Series Book 3
Title: Opal
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux Book 3
Pages: 382
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn't fooling around. Doubting him isn't something I'll do again, and now that we've made it through the rough patches, well... There's a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can't protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I'm no longer the same Katy. I'm different... And I'm not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I'm capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won't turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we're stronger...and they know it.


What if I told you that Daemon gets even better? You're probably thinking no way that's impossible. But, in Opal, Daemon does just that. He is full of surprises that make you wish you had your very own Daemon more and more.

In Opal, Katy learns even more about the secret organization that has interest in the Luxen and their healing abilities. She has to learn all she can and prepare herself for what is to come to truly protect those she cares about. Along the way, she, Daemon, and the other Luxen finds themselves working alongside an unlikely character. The stakes are high and everyone is on edge, but Katy is no longer the timid person she used to be.

Usually when I read a series, the first book automatically becomes my favorite, but while reading Opal, I discovered that when it comes to the Lux series, that is definitely not the case. The things that Katy has went through have left their mark and she is no longer the same person that she previously was. She now knows that she will do anything to keep her loved ones safe, which actually kind of frightens her. So, in addition to seeing this new fierce Katy, you also get to see a different side of Daemon. He still has his jerk moments, but he has this gentler side that only those he truly cares about gets to see. I loved how much depth this gave his character. There is so much more to him than just the protective jerk you have come to know and love. He has a huge heart that only a select few get to see.

The fact that Armentrout made a reference to Dean Winchester just solidified Opal as my favorite. When I saw that name in the book I had to put the book down, pick it back up, do a double take, and then proceed to just repeat "Oh my God!" over and over again. Until I get my hands on Origin (the next book in this awesome series) I can only wonder how Armentrout is even going to top this book!


"Daemon was beautiful but prickly, like a Christmas cactus."

"Andrew never liked me. I don't even think he liked people in general. Or puppies. Or bacon."
"I preferred ones with cute kittens and llamas. And Dean Winchester." (there was no way I was not putting the Dean Winchester sentence on here!)

"Thought she said to leave the door open."
"It is. It's cracked. That's Open."


No comments:

Post a Comment