June 27, 2019

Book Review: Monster (Cassidy Edwards Book 1) by Carmen Caine

Cassidy Edwards Book 1
Title: Monster
Author: Carmen Caine
Series: Cassidy Edwards #1
Pages: 282
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Revenge. It’s all I've lived for. Revenge against those who stacked the cards against me from the start. But I’m changing the deck now. I’m getting even. Born to a vampire, I wasn’t supposed to survive—but I did.

My name is Cassidy. Cassidy Edwards. And I’m the first of my kind.


The Job

Trapping a sixteenth-century Scottish Highlander of a vampire who just might be seduction itself.

The Team

A firedrake with an attitude, a werewolf with a problem, and an imp in dire need of rehab.

The Boss

A dangerously powerful warlock as handsome as sin.

My Problem:

Bluffing my way into a job, my first mission into the Charmed world opens a Pandora’s box of betrayal and secrets... along with attractions of the most lethal kind.


Monster turned out to be a really interesting and funny read! From the moment I opened the book, I was sucked in and just had to keep reading it.

The overall world and story created by Caine was very intriguing! I especially loved the inclusion of Ricky, the rehab-Imp. He was super funny! I really enjoyed the part where he took over 1000 selfies!! He truly was some great comic relief!

Additionally I enjoyed Cassidy’s story. She had no choice in a situation that forever changed her. I would be wanting a little revenge myself! She is a super snarky character that knows what she wants and goes after it. I can’t wait to see what trouble she can get into next, especially under the employ of the mysterious Lord Rowle...

No comments:

Post a Comment