March 2, 2015

Let it Snow, Let it Snow...

A Book Nerd's Survival Guide to Winter


Winter is a season of short days, freezing rain, ice, and snow. Don't get me wrong, I do love building a snowman, but my one of my favorite parts of winter is staying warm inside and reading a great book. I know that winter is almost over, but somehow there is an upcoming wintery mix in the forecast for me...still. So, I thought that I would share one of my favorite parts of winter (better late then never, right?). This is a time where I catch up on a lot of movies and tv shows. In addition to that though, I also re-read some of my favorite books or discover some new ones.

So, here is my recipe for having the perfect winter day indoors reading:

1. First off you definitely need a good book! I like to re-read something I found really entertaining.

2. You'll also need a warm, fuzzy blanket

3. The perfect hot beverage (Hot Cocoa (with marshmallows), Apple Cider, etc...) 

4. If you find yourself lucky enough to actually read by a fireplace (that is actually lit), it is pretty awesome

5. You can stay in your pajamas!

I know everyone is different, but these are just a few things that make reading really awesome on a cold winter's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment