March 31, 2015

Book Review: Storm (Elemental Series Book 1) by Brigid Kemmerer

The Elemental Series Book 1
Title: Storm
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Series: Elemental #1
Pages: 432
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤

Earth, Fire, Air, Water – they have more power than you dream.

Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her, Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys—all the ones she doesn't want. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water—just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They’re powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life’s at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who’s hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming...

Becca Chandler has a reputation, and not by choice. As a result, she is thought to be "easy" and is constantly harassed. This doesn't stop her from being her kind sweet self though. She, a small girl, saves Chris from being beaten to death by not just one, but a group of guys!

Chris goes to Becca's school and the two have virtually never even talked to each other. After she rescues him, things start to change. The two start actually acknowledging each other, and soon they find themselves in the middle of a huge mess. You could say a storm is brewing (yes I am a dork and went there!).

There are so many questions that the book brings up. Why does Becca have a reputation? Why does Chris have this thing for water? Who would put a pentagram on someone's door?

This book has twists, turns, and a whole lot of action. There were times I thought "What is happening?" Now, when I say there is action, I don't just mean a little bit, I mean just about the whole book is packed with action. The last quarter of the book was especially intense and I could not put it down until I finished it!

The writing style made me feel as if I was watching a movie instead of reading a book, if that makes sense. Instead of being in a characters head (first person) we were instead an outside observer (third person). This is different than most of the books I usually read, but I was still able to picture the characters and what was going on.

I have already looked at the descriptions for the rest of the books in the series, and it seems like each book focuses on a different male character and his love interest. I honestly don't know if I would like that or not. I just want to see more of Becca and Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment