July 20, 2016

Book Review: The Phoenix (Daughters of Destiny Book 4) by K.R. Grace

Daughters of Destiny Book 4
Title: The Phoenix
Author: K.R. Grace
Series: Daughters of Destiny #4
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Star Allistar:

I always felt out of step with everyone else. I never dreamt it was because I was some sort of mythological freak.

My whole world has been flipped around with Drake’s return, Brighton’s aloofness, and my Phoenix-thing going on, but instead of having time to adjust to the latest developments in what has become the saga that is my life…I have to save the world once again.

Only this time, I have to save it from me.


K.R. Grace, you are an absolute rockstar! I am so glad I came across The Loner, because it introduced me to a world I absolutely love. The entire concept behind Star's story was amazing, I mean coming up with the idea of having a book dedicated to each suitor was pure genius! This series is definitely in my top ten!

The Phoenix was so much more than I hoped it would be, and that's saying a lot, because I had super high expectations. The pace of the story was absolutely perfect! Things were happening quickly, yet slowly at the same time, which made for some extreme anticipation building. At one point I just decided I couldn't stop until I finished the book, I was that into it!

The built up anticipation and suspense really got to me. There were so many twists that I think my face may have froze in a position of shock for a while. Don't worry, it wasn't permanent. Eventually my expression changed from one of shock to one of pure happiness.

Even with all the shock-worthy moments and constant action, the story did manage to wrap itself up in a perfect package, complete with the perky bow and all. The ending had me grinning from ear to ear. I probably looked like the cheshire cat, but who cares! The story was just perfect. It's as simple as that. Perfect.

If you haven't read this series yet, do yourself a favor...READ IT!

"...and yes that was meant to be interpreted in a sarcastic bubblegum tone complete with clapping and jazz hands."

"Babe, I hate to break it to you, but you're one messed up mess."
"I know!" I exclaimed before breaking off into a fit of laughter. "I ought to be admitted or put on some serious medication or something."

"I invited Onyx to be my plus one. Of course she was all in when I added that Grandma A had a massive swimming pool and was within a short driving distance to a two-story bookstore."

"Seriously, why was it tradition to stand when the bride came in? It blocked her from seeing her groom, who was the only reason she was there in the first place."


No comments:

Post a Comment