March 9, 2015

Book Review: My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves #1) by Amanda Hocking

Title: My Blood Approves
Author: Amanda Hocking
Series: My Blood Approves #1
Pages: 261
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤

Seventeen-year-old Alice Bonham's life feels out of control after she meets Jack. With his fondness for pink Chuck Taylors and New Wave hits aside, Jack's unlike anyone she's ever met.

Then she meets his brother, Peter. His eyes pierce through her, and she can barely breathe when he's around. Even though he can't stand the sight of her, she's drawn to him.

But falling for two very different guys isn't even the worst of her problems. Jack and Peter are vampires, and Alice finds herself caught between love and her own blood...

After finishing the Trylle Trilogy and remembering how great a writer Amanda Hocking is, I decided to re-read the My Blood Approves series. It has been almost 4 years since I read the series, and I have to say I love it now just as much as I had then!

To me, Alice just exists, she goes to school, goes to parties, and hangs out with her brother. Even though he is younger, he is the one that actually takes care of her, which leads to some very amusing dynamics between the two.

One night, Alice is attacked by a group of guys, but is saved by an unlikely character. Jack does not seem like a real tough guy, in his pink shirt and blue converse. The two begin an unlikely friendship that makes her wonder how she could ever not have him in her life. As she starts hanging out with him more and more, she gets to meet his family. They are not all they seem though, and everything Alice knows starts to change.

Filled with lots of witty humor and even one great reference to batman, the first book in this series kept me smiling the whole time. I almost don't want to read this book in public in case I actually start laughing out loud. I'm glad that Amanda Hocking was able to get these books out there and I somehow magically found them!


No comments:

Post a Comment