May 20, 2015

Book Review: Focus (The Crescent Chronicles Book 2) by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Crescent Chronicles Book 2
Title: Focus
Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy
Series: Crescent Chronicles #2
Pages: 387
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤

Freshman year of college is hard even when you're not tied to the future king of a supernatural society.

Allie dives into college head first with Hailey as her roommate and the city of New Orleans as her backyard. As things within The Society heat up, Allie realizes that whether she's with Levi or not, she's in far too deep to turn back.



 
After what happened towards the end of the first book, Flight, Allie has found herself in way over her head. She is angry and Levi has a lot to make up for. It is actually entertaining to watch his various attempts in achieving her forgiveness. Don't worry though, the book is still full of great sarcasm and one-liners! Also, interestingly enough, we get to know Jared a little better. In addition to that, the crazy girl that Hailey was scared to room with makes an appearance!

I really enjoyed Focus and Ivy didn't let me down, I was still laughing just as much as I did when I read the first book in the series. Just like what I said when I reviewed Flight, I'm almost 100% positive that Ivy loves writing this crazy fun dialogue. There is no way she does not laugh while writing some of these things!!

 "This was one of those non-glamorous parts about college that people never tell you about - worrying that the dilapidated apartment hosting a party would fall apart with you in it."






No comments:

Post a Comment