May 19, 2015

Book Review: Flight (The Crescent Chronicles Book 1) by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Crescent Chronicles Book 1
Title: Flight
Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy
Series: Crescent Chronicles #1
Pages: 268
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤

Sometimes you just have to take flight.

A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.

Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her.

I tend to be a bit sarcastic and excuse my language, a bit of a smart-ass. I am also a somewhat combative person that likes to argue. It's only natural that the characters in books that turn out to be my favorites are the same way. Flight centers around a recent high-school graduate named Allison, or Allie for short. Not only does she have the traits that I just listed, but she has also always made straight A's and has actually been accepted into Princeton. Wanting one fun summer where she can figure things out, she takes a job at her father's newest hotel purchase in New Orleans.

She immediately meets Levi, who could very well be one of the most arrogant guys she has ever met. Despite making a vow to swear off guys for a while, she cannot help but be drawn to Levi. She starts to care for him, but keeps telling herself it is only a summer fling. As she gets closer to Levi and his friends, she learns about things that she had no idea even existed in the first place. She wanted an adventure, but you know the saying "Be careful what you wish for..."

I couldn't help but love Allie, I mean Allison is my middle name after all. She is not afraid to stand up and make snarky comments right back. I'm sure Ivy had a fantastic time coming up with the dialogue in this book! It is so easy to get swept up in the plot and scenery, I mean this book makes me wish that I was down in New Orleans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment