March 9, 2018

Book Review: Hot Blooded (Wolf Springs Chronicles Book 2) by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie

Title: Hot Blooded
Author: Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie
Series: Wolf Springs Chronicles
Pages: 400
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Wolf Springs was just going to be a short stop for Katelyn McBride--until she turned 18 and could return to LA on her own. But Katelyn's plans have unraveled.

Katelyn wasn't in Wolf Springs a month when she was attacked by a werewolf. And now she carries that creature's curse in her veins.

But she's not alone. Wolf Springs is home to werewolves. And they swear that it wasn't any of them who bit her. Changing humans without permission means the death penalty, and they're none too happy about Katelyn.

The only explanation is that there's a monster on the loose--something wild and uncontrollable. Because Katelyn has some of its power.

And two guys want Katelyn: one dark and mysterious, yet perhaps the perfect confidant; the other ferocious and forbidden--a werewolf that she can't keep her hands off of.


After finishing Unleashed I was left with a ton of questions. I was hoping Hot Blooded would answer some of these questions. While it did manage to answer a few of them, I was left with even more questions than when I started!

Holder & Viguie are like the wonder twins of young adult fantasy! The worlds that they create are vivid and they somehow manage to get me invested in their characters! I absolutely love Katelyn! In this installment she is learning more about herself and the world that she has been thrown into. She is a super strong individual and despite having Trick’s perfect muscular shoulder to lean on, she handles everything going on herself. After all, she can’t jeopardize anyone’s safety, despite the fact that I’m pretty sure that Trick and her grandpa could handle themselves just fine...

Speaking of Trick and her grandpa, something isn’t quite right with either one of them. I think they are keeping some secrets and I can’t wait to hear about them in the next book! However, I do have another major question that I desperately need answered, what is the connection between Kat and Justin? I know it can’t be just because of the wolf hormones, since they’ve felt it from the moment they met. Hmmmm......I guess I’ll just have to wait and see. 😉






No comments:

Post a Comment