February 25, 2018

Book Review: Unleashed (Wolf Springs Chronicles Book 1) by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie

Wolf Springs Chronicles Book 1
Title: Unleashed
Author: Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie
Series: Wolf Springs Chronicles #1
Pages: 382
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Katelyn McBride’s life changed in an instant when her mother died. Uprooted from her California home, Katelyn was shipped to the middle of nowhere, Arkansas, to her only living relative, her grandfather. And now she has to start over in Wolf Springs, a tiny village in the Ozark Mountains. Like any small town, Wolf Springs has secrets. But the secrets hidden here are more sinister than Katelyn could ever imagine. It’s a town with a history that reaches back centuries, spans continents, and conceals terrifying truths. And Katelyn McBride is about to change everything.

Broken families, ageless grudges, forced alliances, and love that blooms in the darkest night—welcome to Wolf Springs.


When I came across Unleashed, I knew that I had to read it for a number of reasons.

1) The book is set in Arkansas

2) It's about werewolves

3) Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie are AWESOME

4) There's a bit of eye candy 😉

With reasons like that, how could I not pick it up, I mean it's got to be good right? Well, at least that's what I thought. Much to my chagrin it was awesome! Being from Arkansas, I loved how I felt as if I could picture the scenery better. The book would have gotten bonus points if it would have taken place in my hometown, however, I did know some of the towns, and I have actually been to the airport in Bentonville. Score one for me!

I especially enjoyed how such a big city girl like Katelyn called Arkansas "banjo land." She is by no means alone in thinking that! I've traveled places before and people have looked at me funny when I tell them that I'm from Arkansas. Not everywhere in Arkansas is "banjo land," just like not everywhere in California is Hollywood.

Despite her trepidations about Arkansas, Katelyn comes to learn that there is actually a lot of interesting stuff in her little town. Just like with any small town in the woods, Wolf Springs is full of legends. Katelyn learns all about them, and ends up a little too close for comfort with one in particular...

Not only is Katelyn intrigued by the legend of the hellhound, but I am as well! I can't wait devour the next installment. There's way too many questions that I need answers to! Such as, what's up with Trick? What's the connection between Katelyn and Justin? What is Mike's deal (seriously, he has got to be one of the biggest jerks EVER)?, and the question on everyone's mind What is going on in Wolf Springs?


No comments:

Post a Comment