January 24, 2017

Book Review: The Rising (Darkness Rising Book 3) by Kelley Armstrong

Darkness Rising Book 3
Title: The Rising
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: Darkness Rising #3
Pages: 406
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Things are getting desperate for Maya and her friends. Hunted by the powerful St. Clouds and now a rival Cabal as well, they're quickly running out of places to hide. And with the whole world thinking they died in a helicopter crash, it's not like they can just go to the authorities for help.

All they have is the name and number of someone who might be able to give them a few answers. Answers to why they're so valuable, and why their supernatural powers are getting more and more out of control.

But Maya is unprepared for the truths that await her. And now, like it or not, she'll have to face down some demons from her past if she ever hopes to move on with her life. Because Maya can't keep running forever.

Old secrets are revealed and unexpected characters make a surprising return in this stunning conclusion to Kelley Armstrong's New York Times bestselling Darkness Rising trilogy.

Ms. Armstrong sure knows how to drive a person absolutely crazy! Throughout the book I was just waiting for a certain something (wink wink) to happen. I was over 3/4 of the way done, and I was almost freaking out that it was never going to happen. So, at that point, I naturally could not put the book down and probably looked like a reading maniac (yes, don't judge me). But, then it did happen and now I am for certain that The Rising is my absolute favorite of Armstrong's Darkness Rising Series!

So, if you have read the Darkest Powers Series, this novel is where the characters you love from the series come into play. It is also mentioned that there is a large werewolf pack and I'm kind of wondering if that is also a crossover from another of Armstrong's series? However, I don't really know, so I may have to read more books written by Ms. Armstrong. What a sacrifice...not! I would definitely read more of her books! The Rising had me chomping at the bit to get to the end of the book; I just couldn't wait to find out the ending!

This was a series full of suspense, and I absolutely loved it! I pretty much loved everything about it, the characters, the scenery, the action, etc. (really I could go on and on!). If you haven't read anything from Kelley Armstrong, get a move on it!

"That depends. Are you going to call me an ass again?"
"That depends. Are you going to act like one?"

"I'm going to need to save you."
"Excuse me? No one needs-"
"I'm saving you, so shut up and be grateful."

"After this, he'd probably be going to zoos, climbing the enclosure, saying, 'Here, watch this...' Famous last words, as yet another unfit human is removed from the gene pool."


No comments:

Post a Comment