July 14, 2017

Book Review: Endlessly (Paranormalcy Book 3) by Kiersten White

Title: Endlessly
Author: Kiersten White
Series: Paranormalcy #3
Pages: 385
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤

Kiersten White’s New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy comes to a breathless conclusion with a signature mix of wit, romance, paranormal creatures, and a truly original heroine.

In Endlessly, pink-loving, butt-kicking Evie has way too much on her to-do list. Paranormals are begging her to open a faerie gate so they can leave the human world, something Evie’s not sure she has the power to do. The Dark Queen is torturing humans and must be destroyed.

On top of all that, Evie’s prom is coming up. She’s not sure what to wear, and, oh, yeah, her shape-shifting boyfriend, Lend, has been cursed so that he falls into an enchanted sleep whenever he and Evie are in the same room…and even Evie’s ex-boyfriend, the faerie Reth, can’t reverse the dark magic.

An epic battle is looming, and the choices Evie makes will determine the fate of whole paranormal world—and her own life.

In Supernaturally Evie discovered just how embedded she was in the affairs of the paranormal. Nothing has changed. In Endlessly, Evie is faced with one problem right after another, and sometimes even multiple problems at once. Can't a girl catch a break?

I enjoyed this novel, however, for me it didn't quite live up to its predecessor. Don't get me wrong though, it is a great one, but just not my favorite. I think Evie was reading my mind throughout the story. She kept whining about "why me" and "what now?" I assure you that I'm not exaggerating about the whole one problem right after another situation. As soon as you think that nothing else can go wrong, be assured that it will.

Despite the treacherous bumpy road that Evie was forced to walk, things did get better. Raquel even had this great quote about how great things can emerge from chaos. This was certainly true for Evie, and I couldn't have said it better myself.

Ms. White did a fantastic job on this series! I still can't believe that it took me this long to read all three! This was a great Buffy-esque series. It was full of romance, forgiveness, growth, and as always some butt-kicking action!

"I don't see what good it's going to do for you to waltz back in there and-" 
"Can I tango back in there, instead? So much sexier than the waltz."

"I'm not going to let anyone kill you." He grinned "If I don't get to, no one should."
"I'm touched." But I couldn't help smiling back at him.

"Best to have only a few absolutely perfect trait - for example, my hair and eyes and sparkling personality - so you don't overwhelm."

"Sometimes it takes a little chaos for things to work themselves out. When we make it through the chaos, we can use it to shape the world around us into something better than it was before."


No comments:

Post a Comment