July 14, 2017

Book Review: Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy Book 1) by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy #1
Title: Paranormalcy
Author: Kiersten White
Series: Paranormalcy #1
Pages: 335
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal. 



I have wanted to read Paranormalcy for a while. The book first came out in 2010, and I think I've wanted to get my hands on it ever since. Well, I finally did!

White creates a pretty impressive underground world that involves trolls, faeries, werewolves, vampires, and so much more! It reminds me of the military that got involved in supernatural affairs on Buffy, except with less kevlar and more sass. I don't mean just a little sass either, but instead a whole lot of sass.

The main character, Evie, is a sixteen year old operative in a paranormal agency. With a little help from her pink sparkly tazer she is able to bag and tag all things supernatural. She is absolutely one of my favorite characters! She is full of curiosity, spunk, and of course sassiness. Oh, and she absolutely loves the color pink, so naturally she is pretty amazing!

In addition to the awesome character White created, I also love the world that she created. I loved the idea of a secret agency battling the things that go bump in the night! However, don't think that this book is all work and no play though, because there is some romance involved. The way it all unfolds is super sweet and the flirty dialogue is fantastic!

I am so glad that I finally picked up Paranormalcy, and I highly suggest it for people who love shows like Buffy or even Marvel: Agents of Shield and Men in Black. Seriously, it is that good!


"Tasers are a one-size-fits-all paranormal butt-kicking option. Mine's pink with rhinestones."

No comments:

Post a Comment