June 6, 2016

Book Review: Bloodfire (Blood Destiny Book 1) by Helen Harper

Title: Bloodfire
Author: Helen Harper
Series: Blood Destiny #1
Pages: 246
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤

Mack might be, to all intents and purposes, a normal looking human, but she lives with a pack of shapeshifters in Cornwall in rural England after being dumped there by her mother when she was just a young child. She desperately wants to be accepted by her surrogate family, not least because a lot of them hate her for merely being human, but for some reason her blood just won't allow the transformation to occur.

With a terrible temper to match her fiery red hair, Mack is extraordinarily useful in a fight, and when her pack alpha is brutally and abruptly murdered, she swears vengeance. Unfortunately, his murder also draws in the Brethren - the leaders of the shapeshifter world - who will slaughter everyone in Mack's small rural pack if they discover her true identity. Unfortunately Corrigan, the green-eyed muscle-bound Lord Alpha of the Brethren, doesn't let much slip by him...


Bloodfire isn't just another shifter book. It actually has everything! Vampires, gods, demi-gods, werepanthers, werewolves, and even werehamsters. Oh, and that's definitely not all, Harper manages to come up with all kinds of different creatures. Her imagination is just out of this world, and the descriptions are absolutely amazing!

There were definitely some crazy parts in Bloodfire, but the way Harper described things and the imagery developed actually made it believable (crazy, I know)! Her character Mackenzie is extremely developed. She is a fiery hot-head with a temper, but is also extremely loyal and caring. She will risk anything and everything to protect those that she loves. I dare you to read this book and not root for her!

I wish that I had gotten to know the other characters in the book better, but I guess I'll just have to read the next book to find out more. I mean it is a series, everything can't just be revealed in book 1. You need to be kept on your toes, and Harper does just that! I can't wait for more!

"I silently apologised to John for the lie but kind of also applauded myself for my genius."

"There were nineteen of us in total...It felt like a goddamn school outing. I wouldn't have been surprised if Staines had pulled out a little flag and started waving it around for us all to follow." 


No comments:

Post a Comment