June 17, 2016

Book Review: Blood Politics (Blood Destiny Book 4) by Helen Harper

Blood Destiny Book 4
Title: Blood Politics
Author: Helen Harper
Series: Blood Destiny #4
Pages: 220
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤

You'd think that life would finally be dealing Mack Smith a kind hand. Living in London, and with the opening of the new improved city version of Clava Books mere days away, things appear to be settling down. Other than the terrible nightmares about dragons, that is. Or the fact that she's being constantly tailed by a string of mages, shifters and faeries, all of whom are constantly demanding her attention. And that's without even bringing the temptation of Corrigan, Lord Alpha of the Brethren, into the equation.

Then, when a local dryad asks her for some help, things really start to fire up. There are some long hot summer days ahead...

All I could think about while reading Blood Politics was just how perfect the title was for the book. It is extremely political, and no, there is no campaigning, but the rest is still there. Power struggles. Lies. Deceit. Manipulation. Greater Good. You know, the messy part of politics. Even though in school I have always hated politics (and preferred to happily daydream during those particular lectures...), I found myself extremely invested in the politics of the Otherworld. By far, this is one of my favorite books in the Blood Destiny Series!

I cannot help it, I love books that are filled with action and Harper does not disappoint! There were just so many twists in this one and I happily just read along, sometimes I sported a big goofy grin, while others I had my lips squished together trying not to cry (what can I say, I am an extremely expressive reader). Harper just has me way to invested in Mack's life, and at this point I don't think I can go back. I have definitely already committed. My favorite little dragon better have a happy ending.

Also, for those of you that have already become just as invested in Mack's life as I have, I will go ahead and tell you that the moment happened. It actually happened! This is one of those times I referred to earlier, you know where I had a cheesy grin on my face. However, I will warn you, Harper just absolutely loves twists and turns...

"Great, now he'd woken up the neighbours. I'd only moved in four days ago; it was hardly time to start pissing them off just yet."

"Another car drove past, horn blaring as its occupants caught sight of me. Some guy leaned out and wolf-whistled. Solus didn't look at them, but he jerked his wrist and there was a loud bang as the rear tyre burst and the car skidded off to the side, slamming into the side of a nearby building. I smirked"

No comments:

Post a Comment