September 30, 2015

Book Review: Origin (Lux Series Book 4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Lux Series Book 4
Title: Origin
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux Book 4
Pages: 364 
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?

And will they even be together? 


Okay, so I know I said I already had a favorite Lux book, but I may have spoken too soon. Origin is amazing!!! This was one of my favorite ones yet! Origin switches back and forth between Daemon's and Katy's point of view, and you can clearly tell which point of view you are reading.

The last book, Opal ended on a bit of a cliffhanger, and Origin picks up right where it left off. At first the book was a bit slow, but it picked up fairly quickly. There is so much that Katy or even Daemon don't know about, but are a big part of it all nonetheless. So many things were brought to light in this book, but it left me with way more questions than answers. I just kept coming to one bombshell after another, and I loved it!!

I recently saw a post from Jennifer L. Armentrout saying how Obsidian made it on the top young adult books of all time list, and it without a doubt deserves to be on there! This is a great series, and I am so glad that she has decided to write a book completely in Daemon's point of view!!

"Daemon Black could be as prickly as a hedgehog having a really bad day, but underneath all that spindly armor, he was sweet, protective, and incredibly selfless."

"I don't have all day, guys. I have things to do. A nap I want to take this afternoon. There's a new movie out on Netflix I want to watch, and a goddamn coupon for a free Whopper Jr. that's calling my name."

"We're stuck between a mountain and a volcano about to explode."

"While you're deep in something, you never say or do what you need to. It's always after the fact, when it's too late, that you realize what you should've said or done."



No comments:

Post a Comment