March 18, 2015

Book Review: Fate (My Blood Approves #2) by Amanda Hocking

My Blood Approves Book 2
Title: Fate
Author: Amanda Hocking
Series: My Blood Approves #2
Pages: 334
My Rating: ❤❤❤

Alice Bonham thinks she's finally found a balance in her life between the supernatural and real life with her brother Milo. Jack - her sorta vampire boyfriend - keeps her at arm's length to keep her safe. As for his brother Peter... she's not sure where he's at, or what he wants with her. Worse still, she's not even sure what she wants with Peter.

When tragedy happens, Alice finds herself struggling with a terrible choice. Her decision has consequences that reach farther than she'd ever imagined...

Fate is the second book in the My Blood Approves series by Amanda Hocking. I do not really know how to say what the book is about, I really do not want to give too much away. What I can say is that it picks up about where the first book ended.

There is a certain stereotype about second books, and it is not a very good one. Second books are usually considered the kind of boring books that you sometimes struggle to get through. Despite having a bit of a shocker towards the beginning, Fate lived up to this stereotype for me.

I found myself upset at Alice throughout the book, I just wanted to tell her to stop whining already. She seemed very depressed and kind of needy throughout the story. I could understand where she was coming from, but jeez she needed to stop dwelling on it, and could have used her time to do something else instead of just moping around.

Once you get through most of the book, the story does start to pick up again at the end, and in doing so ends not so much on a nail-biting cliffhanger, but more of a "Oh my gosh, what does this mean?" and "What are they going to do about this?"


No comments:

Post a Comment