March 22, 2017

Book Review: Ignited (Ignited Book 1) by Desni Dantone

Ignited Book 1
Title: Ignited
Author: Desni Dantone
Series: Ignited #1
Pages: 344
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Seventeen year old Kris Young is on the run from a throng of superhuman golden-eyed freaks hell-bent on seeing her dead, and she doesn't know why. Good thing she has her guardian angel to protect her...sort of.

Kris is aided by Nathan, the mysterious man that ends up being anything but angelic when he rescues her for the fourth time in fourteen years. Even if the handsome hero illusion is shattered by his harsh treatment of her, he knows how to fight this strange enemy and is determined to keep her safe at all costs.

As the body count rises in their wake, Nathan introduces Kris to a world in which not everyone is human and the battle lines between good and evil are clearly drawn. Kris's piece in the puzzle is something neither is aware of and, as they uncover the truth, neither is prepared for what they find. Overcoming twists and revelations that shatter both of their lives, they discover that nothing is as it seems and nothing, least of all their hearts, are safe.

From debut author, Desni Dantone, Ignited is the first novel in a tale of first love, mystery and adventure that will introduce you to an exciting new world as Kris discovers how she fits in it.

Ignited grabbed me from the first chapter and refused to let go. It appears that it still has a hold on me, since upon finishing it, I immediately had to start the second book, Sacrificed!

Kris has been through a lot in her life, and somehow despite all of the hardships she has been through, someone always seems to save her. Her guardian angel, or so she believes. When she gets into another sticky situation, her "guardian angel" has no choice but to once again save her life. Only, this time he can't just leave her, and instead must take her with him. 

At first, Kris is thrilled, she finally gets a chance to ask her mystery man some long overdue questions. She soon learns however that her guardian angel isn't much of an angel. Instead, Nathan turns out to be infuriating, he just barks orders at her and hardly ever smiles. Being the queen of sarcasm, Kris, pushes his buttons to no end, and absolutely loves it!

The bickering between Kris and Nathan is somewhat overshadowed by the underlying chemistry between them. So, not only does Kris have that to deal with, but she also has to outrun the "golden-eyed freaks" that are after her and figure out why they even want her. 

As you can believe, this makes for a very, very interesting action-packed story! I absolutely loved reading it! I won't give too much away, but I greatly appreciated the fantasy/paranormal twist that Dantone weaved into the story!

"Things could have been worse. It could have been a gym day and my sports bra had hit the floor at his feet. I should be grateful that it was only a pack of cheese-flavored crackers he held out to me."

"He was the type of guy that could take a small hit to his ego. It wasn't going to go anywhere."

"If only I had known that one day I would have been forced to run for my life, I might have put more effort into gym class this year."

"You learn that in the boy scouts?" I was impressed, though he couldn't tell through all the sarcasm.
"I wasn't a boy scout."
No kidding. I was pretty sure they taught manners.

"He was spill my hot chocolate all over myself and barely notice that I had third degree burns hot."

"I'm sorry," he sputtered. "I don't think I heard you right. Did I hear you say I was nice?"

"I couldn't help the trace of sarcasm in my tone. It was in my nature after all."



No comments:

Post a Comment