March 20, 2017

Book Review: The Awakening (Sapient Salvation Book 2) by Jayne Faith

Sapient Salvation Book 2
Title: The Awakening
Author: Jayne Faith
Series: Sapient Salvation #2
Pages: 200
My Rating: ❤❤❤

Maya survived the first Tournament challenge only to learn that new and powerful enemies lurk in the Calistan palace. Even Lord Toric’s affection and guards aren’t enough to keep her safe, and she's still on her own in the Tournament--the alien lord is forbidden from interfering. As the list of deadly foes grows, Toric and Maya must uncover the traitor in the royal family who aims to murder Maya and destroy the Calistans' chance at reclaiming their homeland. Will Maya summon the strength and luck she needs to meet her highest destiny?


I enjoyed the first book in this series and was a little saddened to see that the second book didn't really live up to my expectations. It started off good, but then started to lag when I got towards the middle of the book. However, after a while it picked back up again, and then once again, it ended abruptly.

One thing that I absolutely loved about The Awakening was how we were able to get more points of view than just Maya and Toric's. I wasn't expecting the perspective change, but am so thankful that Lunaria's point of view was thrown in. Turns out, I really like her character!

Despite the slowness towards the middle of the book and the cliffhanger, I still like the overall story and am extremely interested to see where Faith takes it. I just have way too many questions that I desperately need answered!!


No comments:

Post a Comment