January 11, 2016

Book Review: The Brother (Daughters of Destiny Book 2) by K.R. Grace

Daughters of Destiny Series Book 2
Title: The Brother
Author: K.R. Grace
Series: Daughters of Destiny #2
Pages: 328
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤

Star Allistar: So, boyfriend #1 dies in a tragic car accident and boyfriend #2 mysteriously vanishes without a trace. One would think I would get a clue and lay off the boyfriends at least until I graduated high school. To say I didn’t expect Brighton Sterling to come into my life and make things difficult is a stretch. What I didn’t expect was for him to lie to me about who he is and why he and his family moved to my small neck of the woods. I should stay away from him. Unfortunately, I have a habit of doing things I shouldn’t do.

Meliena and the Wolves are out for blood. They want to find Drake’s captors and destroy them. They seem to be under the impression all the blame can be placed on the Falcons…Brighton’s family specifically. Now I’m stuck in a losing battle. If I side with the Wolves, I am accusing Brighton of being a monster. If I side with Brighton, I betray Drake. Either way, I lose someone.

With Drake gone, communication between the heavens and the Guardians has stopped. Someone must find out who is really behind his disappearance and restore the order, and judging by the insanity surrounding me, I am the only person sane enough for the job…or maybe I am the crazy one.

Brighton Sterling: Drake Knight killed my brother.

The mission is simple: move into town, make the mutt pay, and then leave before anyone suspects anything. Falling in love is unacceptable…

Raphael was my twin. That type of bond doesn’t go away with death. Yet, rather than staying on course in administering justice on his behalf, I’m wavering because of a broken girl who never asked to be brought into our messed-up world. I can’t fight the attraction, and I’m not sure I want to. Unfortunately, the plan is already in motion, and I left no room for error. Star will suffer…unless I can find a way to stop it.

But who do I give up: my brother…or a girl whose heart could already belong to another man?



After finishing The Loner, I quickly picked up the second installment, The Brother. Just like with the previous book, this was a good read! The story is extremely interesting and had a few little twists that I wasn't expecting...at all.

In The Loner, we found out that Star is the center of a well, let's just call it a prophecy. She must choose between three very different guys. In The Loner, we get to meet the first contestant, Drake. Now, in The Brother we get to meet Brighton. This is an extremely interesting concept. Not only do we get to see the guys from Star's point of view, but we also get a few glimpses inside their own heads. I feel like this just connects the reader to what Star is feeling even more!

Oh, and in case you don't know, Star is feeling...A LOT. She has really been through the ringer, and it's not done with her just yet. She is going to have a really tough decision to make in the end. So far we have only seen the wolf and the falcon, but we still have the bear. Drake (the wolf) and Brighton (the falcon) both have their flaws. As of right now though, I am still waiting to find out more about the bear. He may just come along and blow them both right out of the water!

I can't wait for the third installment, The Chief, to come out next month. I am eager to meet the next, and final contestant (I know I have already said this, but I'm excited. Can you blame me?). This is just a really great quick-read series!!


No comments:

Post a Comment