July 20, 2018

Book Review: Cliffhanger (The Belinda & Bennett Mysteries Book 1) by Amy Saunders

Belinda and Bennett Mysteries Book 1
Title: Cliffhanger
Author: Amy Saunders
Series: Belinda & Bennett Mysteries #1
Pages: 237
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Making her grand re-entry into Portside, Rhode Island, Belinda Kittridge expected fun, sun, and sugar cookies.

Instead, she gets one jilted lover braced for round two, an old rival on the hunt, and the murder of a former classmate and friend. Even worse, Belinda must return to the events surrounding a tragic sailing accident to set things right.

But new possibilities emerge in the form of security expert Bennett Tate. Between her connections and his know-how, they're bound to catch the killer - and kick the skeletons out of the closet for good.

I was enthralled in Belinda and Bennett's story instantly! The scenery sounds beautiful, the characters are super realistic, and the mystery is enthralling!

Cliffhanger is one of those books that is so engrossing and loaded with detail that you feel like its a movie playing in your head. You can perfectly picture the locations and even the expressions on the characters faces. It was truly that great! It definitely felt like a Hallmark movie to me! 😊

Growing up, one of my favorite series to read was Nancy Drew, since that time it has been I don't know how long since I've actually sat down and read a good mystery book. Cliffhanger brought all those good memories back to me! I absolutely love how Saunders weaves in the perfect amount of humor and romance with such a great mystery! I also really enjoyed how as a reader, I didn't know every little thing the characters were thinking, Instead, they were able to surprise me!

I can't wait to get my hands on the second book in this series and see more of Belinda, Bennett, Jonas, Kyle, and Victoria! I really enjoyed getting to know all of them in this book!


No comments:

Post a Comment