October 6, 2017

Book Review: Damned (Crusade Book 2) by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie

Crusade book 2
Title: Damned
Author: Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie
Series: Crusade #2
Pages: 544
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

There is a fine line between love and sacrifice…. Antonio would do anything for his beloved fighting partner Jenn. He protects her, even suppresses his vampire cravings to be with her. Together, they defend humanity against the Cursed Ones. But tensions threaten to fracture their hunting team and his loyalty—his love—is called into question.

With an even more sinister power on the rise, Jenn must overcome her personal vendettas.

Antonio and Jenn need each other to survive, but evil lurks at every turn. With humanity’s fate hanging in the balance, they must face down the darkness…or die trying.

Wow! Holder and Viguie really outdid themselves on this one! Clocking in at a little over 500 pages (yes, you heard me...500 PAGES!!) I expected it to have some lulls, as well as some highs. I can't believe how wrong I was! Each page was jam packed with action!

I loved the twists and turns that the plot would take, especially with the fogginess surrounding Aurora's and Sergio's mysterious sire. Just who is he? And, when I finally was given a name I was left with even more questions.

One of my favorite parts of this series (so far) is how each character seems to be battling some kind of inner demon. This was evident in the first installment, but even more so in the second. Every character, and I do mean EVERY character, has some kind of obstacle that they must overcome. This makes me want to root for them even more, even Jamie 😂.

I can't say for sure which installment I like better, but what I do know is that this one introduces more characters. Some I absolutely love, while others just need to make an exit already!

I cannot wait to see what is in store for Jenn and the gang! I'm hoping that the conclusion is bursting apart with action!

"Training, knowledge, can only take you so far. You have to learn to trust yourself, even when you don't want to. The mind notices thousands of minute details that we don't even consciously register...Sometimes the details you've overlooked are miniscule. Sometimes they are glaringly obvious and you just didn't want to see them. Because you were afraid to."

"Sometimes the hardest thing you have to do is fight when you'd rather just give up. You can't give up. No matter what. Not even if your heart is breaking. Not even if everything and everyone you love has been taken from you. You must keep going. Because sometimes, the fight is all you have."

"If he stopped trying so hard, you know...Maybe Antonio needs to eat, drink, and be merry. He's often rather dour, wouldn't you say?"



No comments:

Post a Comment