February 10, 2017

Book Review: Clay's Hope (Judgement of the Six Companion Series Book 1) by Melissa Haag

Judgement of the Six Companion Series Book 1
Title: Clay's Hope
Author: Melissa Haag
Series: Judgement of the Six Companion Series #1
Pages: 266
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤

Clay is a man of few human talents. As a wolf, he hunts well and can fight off a grizzly twice his size, but has no aspirations. The idea of a Mate isn't something he has ever seriously entertained. Dreamed about, maybe, but he knows the chances are nearly non-existent. Then he meets Gabby, a human girl. She hates him at first sight, yet he can't let her go. Who he was is no longer important. Now, who he needs to become to win her over is the only thing that matters.


I learned the hard way to not read a book's companion right after reading the book itself. I liked Beautiful Disaster  so much that I read it's companion Walking Disaster right after, and have regretted it ever since. Don't get me wrong, I liked the story, but it was the same story, just from a different point of view. So, long story short, I did not do this with Clay's Hope, and am so glad that I did!

I remember reading Hope(less) and really enjoying it, so of course I wanted to read its companion! I may be a bit biased, since I read Hope(less) first, but I liked it slightly more than I did this one. This book was still a good read though, and it was nice to finally see what was going on in Clay's head since he is a man of very few words.

My only problem with this book was that I wanted to know more about Clay's past. But, this problem became less of an issue when you take into account getting to see how deep Clay's feelings for Gabby really went. It is a super sweet story! If you have the chance read both books, just don't do it back to back. Trust me!

"He cooks, he cleans, he warms up my feet at night, and he keeps the toilet seat down...so hands off. He's mine."

"You don't need to talk to get to know someone. You just need to listen."


No comments:

Post a Comment