January 4, 2017

Book Review: Supernaturally (Paranormalcy Book 2) by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy Book 2
Title: Supernaturally
Author: Kiersten White
Series: Paranormalcy #2
Pages: 336
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be...kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.

So much for normal.

It's extremely rare to find a second installment better than the first. Usually, they pale in comparison, or at most are equally great. However, Supernaturally blew up these stigmas and then ran the remnants over with a steam roller. I would have never thought that I would have liked Supernaturally better than Paranormalcy. But, here I am telling you just that!

Now that Evie is living the life of a normal teenage girl, she finds that the "normal" life isn't all that it's cracked up to be. She goes to school, works at the diner, and gets to hangout with Lend on the weekends. Tasey, her trusty sidekick has now even taken up residence in her sock drawer. So, when she gets the chance to get a taste of the paranormal butt-kicking action she longs for, she accepts.

Between school, extracurriculars of the paranormal nature, and her sassy attitude, Evie has all the makings to be the next Buffy! In Supernaturally, she even gets her own sidekick! Jack is a handful though. He reminded me of a kid on a sugar high throughout the entire book! I can't forget about Lend! He was just his awesome amazing self. No complaints there!

Supernaturally exceeded my expectations, and even threw me for a loop! Just when I thought I knew what was going on, somehow the story made a 180. When this happened, all I could think was "what the bleep?" But, this turn of events made the book that much better! I really enjoyed the ride it took me on! It's a bleep of a good book!

"You're much prettier when you aren't talking. True of most people, I've found."

"Still, if you'd prefer to simply bask in the glory of my company, I understand. You're probably overwhelmed by holding my hand and want to enjoy the moment."

"Yeah, I know you're a creature of the night. Bringer of death, sucker of blood, needer of tans, so on and so forth. And oddly enough, I'm still unimpressed."

"'Fun Run' indeed, what a misnomer. That'd be like saying 'calm gremlin' or 'pleasant hag.' Or 'entertaining history textbook.'"


No comments:

Post a Comment