May 5, 2016

Book Review: The Vampire's Mail Order Bride (Nocturne Falls Book 1) by Kristen Painter

Nocturne Falls Book 1
Title: The Vampire's Mail Order Bride
Author: Kristen Painter
Series: Nocturne Falls #1
Pages: 370
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤

Welcome to Nocturne Falls, the town where Halloween is celebrated 365 days a year. The tourists think it's all a show: the vampires, the werewolves, the witches, the occasional gargoyle flying through the sky. But the supernaturals populating the town know better. Living in Nocturne Falls means being yourself. Fangs and all.

After seeing her maybe-mobster boss murder a guy, Delaney James assumes a new identity and pretends to be a mail order bride. What she doesn't know is her groom to be is a 400-year-old vampire.

Hugh Ellingham has only agreed to the set up to make his overbearing grandmother happy. His past means love is no longer an option. Except he never counted on Delaney and falling in love for real. Too bad both of them are keeping some mighty big secrets...


I'll admit, I was a little hesitant to start The Vampire's Mail Order Bride, but I am so glad that I did! It is full of sweet sugary goodness!

The entire story was just light and fluffy and an overall fun read. I found myself smiling and laughing almost the entire time! I loved Delaney, Hugh, and Stanhill. Despite Stanhill being Hugh's "butler," he steals the scenes sometimes. He is just that funny! The humor is not obnoxious either, it just seems so natural for the characters. There are funny puns and great references.

One of my favorite parts was how the book actually made me crave something sweet. Delaney is a confectionery genius, and Painter has a way with describing all of the sweet confectionery treats that Delaney encounters. All I could think about wile reading the book, was I wish I lived in Nocturne Falls and could have Delaney make me some tiramisu!

If you are looking for a nice light and fluffy paranormal romance, then The Vampire's Mail Order Bride is perfect! I am just so glad that I came across such a fun entertaining read and am so glad that Painter has a few more books set in the town of Nocturne Falls, where everyday is Halloween!


"And wasn't that what love was about? Feeling something so deeply you were willing to risk everything for it?"

"'Germans eat twice as much chocolate as Americans.' She rolled her eyes. 'Shut up, brain. Now is not the time for useless facts about chocolate.' Everyone had their nervous tics, right?" 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment