December 31, 2015

Book Review: Faefever (Fever Series Book 3) by Karen Marie Moning

Fever Series Book 3
Title: Faefever
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Series: Fever #3
Pages: 416
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too. When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil, it corrupts anyone who touches it.

Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shape-shifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’lane, an insatiable Fae prince of lethally erotic tastes, and Jericho Barrons, a man of primal desires and untold secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.

As All Hallows’ Eve approaches and the city descends into chaos, as a shocking truth about the Dark Book is uncovered, not even Mac can prevent a deadly race of immortals from shattering the walls between worlds—with devastating consequences.…


I just finished Faefever, and I'm not even remotely close to happy right now!! All that is keeping me from chunking the book across the room is that I have the fourth one in my possession and don't have to wait for it. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then I'll go ahead and just put it out there...CLIFFHANGER!!!

Faefever started out innocent enough. Actually, it was kind of slow at the beginning. But once the action started coming into play it did not stop! I could not put Faefever down, I mean the more I read, the more likely it was possible that I would find out more about the mysterious Jericho Barrons. I still don't know what to think of him. Sometimes I like him, but at other times I just want Mac to get out of there and just go into hiding (if that was even possible).

These books in the fever series are just full of suspense. There are also twists that I don't even see coming! I don't think I have mentioned it yet in my other two reviews, but I am so thankful that an author finally put a pronunciation guide in the book!! It always drives me crazy when an author puts crazy names in books that I have no idea how to even sound out. But thank you for the pronunciation guide Ms. Moning, it almost makes up for that cliffhanger......not. Oh well, I'll just have to start the next book. I'm just glad that it's already out and I don't have to wait months for it (that would have been excruciatingly painful)!!


No comments:

Post a Comment