September 4, 2015

Friday Finds! (#8)



I've got another Friday Finds Ready!! I found two books that are currently free for Kindle. Now, most likely they will not stay free for long!!

Crimson Midnight by Amos Cassidy



Book Description (From Goodreads)

They say London is the city that never sleeps. Man, you have no idea…

A new job, a new life and a new home, Rose has left the pain of the past behind. But if she thinks she’s going to have it easy she’s in for a shock. There’s Roman for starters, a complication with a capital C. With the racing pulses and the x-rated thoughts, she can barely keep it together. And then he decides to drop a bombshell. It’s the domino effect alright, because hot on the heels of his revelation come a few unpleasant ones of her own. Rose discovers that there is a darker side to London, an ancient secret, a world that she belongs to and one that could get her killed.

Question is, can she keep it together long enough to kick danger’s arse?


My Thoughts

Crimson Midnight takes place in London, which is an exciting city itself......even without the darker side. I have always wanted to go to London and would love to learn more about it! I'm hoping some of the big landmarks are mentioned in this book. 

Besides the whole London thing this book has going for it, I am also liking the whole "complication with a capital C." I don't know why but I just really like the line, actually I like a lot of the description! I am hoping that this is really how Amos Cassidy writes, because if it is, I think the book will have some really hilarious parts!



_______________________________________________________________


Barely Alive by Bonnie R. Paulson


Book 1 in the Barely Alive Series


Book Description (From Goodreads)

In twelve weeks, seventeen-year-old Paul Ledger will be dead. At least he hopes so. 

Paul is trapped in the worst cult the United States has ever seen. Infected with a zombie virus, symptoms culminate in a dead body but thriving mind over a course of twelve weeks. If he doesn’t earn the final death he longs for, he’ll be chained in a basement facility, moaning for human flesh for eternity. 

Sent out to kidnap girls for food, toys, or whatever the boss wants, Paul nabs Heather McCain. He’s not a fan of humans as a general rule, but even his graying skin and insatiable hunger for her flesh don’t stop her from reaching out to him. Give him the second chance he doesn’t know he needs.

Overcome by his cravings, Paul bites her delectable skin. Amazingly, she doesn’t develop the zombie-like side effects. When the boss discovers Heather’s immunity, he gives Paul an ultimatum – deliver up Heather and her family to continue the research or watch as Paul’s brother suffers the zombie fate. 

Paul has a chance to endure his short zombie existence knowing his brother is safe. But he’ll have to sacrifice Heather to do it. 


My Thoughts

I've never read a book from the perspective of a male character. I have read it where the author switched back and forth between the male and female characters, but never just the male. Even though this is a little out of the norm for me, I still found it interesting.

I am a huge fan of The Walking Dead, and I loved the movie Warm Bodies. But, I have yet to read a zombie book though! 

I just think this sounds like a good book that would be different than what I am use to. It would be a new experience for me! I get the male perspective and Zombies!


________________________________________________________________


YOU CAN CHECK OUT 

CRIMSON MIDNIGHT AND 

BARELY ALIVE ON GOODREADS!!




No comments:

Post a Comment