July 24, 2015

Friday Finds!! (#3)


After the long week that I've had, I am so ready for the weekend. And, what better way to start it off then with some free books!! So, here are this weeks free books that I've found, hope you like them!!

Wings of Arian by Devri Walls


Description From Back Cover

Kiora thought she had never heard a lie until she was sixteen. But she was wrong. Her entire existence was based on nothing but. She thought that evil did not exist. Lie. That magic was not real. Lie. And that the land of Meros was all there was. One more lie.

With Aleric telling her that evil is knocking on the door and that she is the only one who can stop them she has a choice to make. Refuse, or start the wildest most painful ride of her life. 

She reluctantly dips her toe into her new existence of magic and threads, dragons and shapeshifters, and the person who wants to take control of it all: the evil Dralazar. 

However, this journey was never meant to be hers alone. She will be accompanied by a Protector. To her disbelief, and utter irritation they name the hotheaded, stubborn, non-magical, (albeit gorgeous) Prince Emane. They will have to trust each other with their lives, but right now Kiora would settle for a non hostile conversation. 

And now it comes down to this, If you had never heard a lie, would you know when you heard one? Is knowing good from evil innate? Kiora finds herself having to decide who lives and who dies on those very questions. 

My Thoughts

Okay, so here is what I'm thinking, magic + gorgeous stubborn male + evil mastermind trying to control the world = pure awesomeness full of action!! There is no way a world filled with dragons, magic, shapeshifters, and more could not be interesting! It sounds just like a world that I would love to spend time in and just read about all day! I'm just speculating, but based on the fact that there are some hostile conversations between Kiora and Prince Emane, there is a possibility that Kiora has some of my favorite characteristics in a main character! I'm hoping that she isn't afraid to stand up for what's right and is not easily intimidated.    

_____________________________________________________________________________


Angel Of Mercy by Lisa Olsen

Book one of The Fallen

Book Description From Back Cover

I don't know why I got stabbed. I don't know why I healed overnight. 

I don't know why I keep seeing the same guy in my dreams, on the sidewalk, at the minimart near my apartment - the insanely hot guy with the piercing blue eyes that nobody can see but me. 

I have to follow him. I have to talk to him. 

And he's not the only one stalking me. That guy with the knife? He's still out there, and he knows where I live.

I have to know. What am I now? Am I still human? Am I part angel? Or am I something new?

* This is the first book in a completed, five book series about fallen angels and demons, and contains a cliffhanger. 

My Thoughts

So, I have done only three of these Friday Finds, and have somehow managed to put two books from the same author on them. I definitely take this as a sign that I desperately need to read some books by Lisa Olsen. Her Wake Me When the Sun Goes Down and Angel of Mercy both sound like pretty great reads. Angel of Mercy does contain some fallen angels, and I do love me some fallen angels! 

________________________________________________________________

You can check out Wings of Arian and 

Angel of Mercy on Amazon!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment